Sunday, February 5, 2017

Introduction!

Hello there!


My name is Tudor. Yes, like the English Dynasty (and no, I was not named after them).

For the next twelve weeks I will be working on my Senior Research Project (SRP), which I have dedicated to wound healing. I will be focusing this project and blog on the latest research behind this issue. Now, wound healing in itself is a very broad topic, which leaves a lot of room to explore. But the truth of the matter is that key problems, such as sustainability and efficiency, lead the focus while also opening new doors to the unknown. For example, skin grafts require a donor. This means that the skin, in lack of a better phrase, has been used. Not only this, but finding a donor is also a problem. As is usual for any progress, someone asked "isn't there a better way?" And voilĂ , we have a need for research!

This research will be taking place at Northern Arizona University and at Northern Arizona Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology (NACET). I am super grateful to be working alongside Dr. Robert Kellar and his students. I am also grateful for the guidance and support that my on campus advisors, Ms. Alicia Vaughan and Ms. Lisa McDonough, will provide me.

Now let's science the heck out of this!








5 comments:

  1. I know that often diabetics have trouble with wound heeling, will your project touch on that at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In theory, I would like to explore the issue of healing ulcers in diabetic patients. However, I'm not sure if I will get to that.

      Delete
  2. What's the role of NACET? Are they working with NAU?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my understanding, NACET is a facility that provides space for businesses, research, etc. Dr. Kellar's private, off campus lab is located here, and it is not affiliated with NAU.

      Delete
  3. Yes, Tudor's answer is correct. I do also have a laboratory at NAU where Tudor is involved in experiments that take place on campus.
    -Dr. Kellar

    ReplyDelete